Saturday, February 16, 2013

WWE Elimination Chamber 2013 Predictions

WWE's Elimination Chamber Pay-Per-View this Sunday and there are a lot of matches that many fans are buzzing about, Especially The Shield vs John Cena, Ryback and Sheamus. Plus the WWE Championship match between The Rock and CM Punk. 


It's The Final PPV before The big wrestling superbowl in April WrestleMania. I will now give my predictions about the ppv, so Let's start.. 



YouTube Pre-Show: Team Robo-Funka-Albert-Dactyls vs. Team Rhodes Scholars


The New Team of Lord Tensai and Brodus Clay will take on Team Rhodes Scholars in the Pre Show streamed on Youtube.

I'm not sure If this Cody and Sandow teaming up is just a one night thing but I thought they were going to break up but yet again WWE don't make any sense.


Prediction: Lord Tensai and Brodus Clay will defeat Team Rhodes Scholars in some weird way. 





            Divas Championship Match: Kaitlyn vs Tamina Snuka

I might be the only one but I don't know if they even hyped this match at all, Well yeah I know they only had 3 weeks but It's the Divas so no surprise any ways. I'm still wondering what happend to the Tamina-AJ feud, but I think this match will be okay. WWE doesn't even have much Divas left now, so I don't really care. 

Prediction: Kaitlyn Retains. She won the Divas Champion just a few weeks ago, so I don't expect her to lose It that early but I think She will be facing AJ Lee for the Divas Champion at WrestleMania 29.




United States Championship Match: Antonio Cesaro vs. The Miz


This Rivalry started a long time ago and It's still going on. They restarted this feud out of no where this past week, After Brock Lesnar destroyed The Miz, I didn't even remember that Miz was still in a feud with Cesaro and You can't blame me because Miz has been doing his talk show all year Instead of wrestling most of the time. Antonio Cesaro has been a Impressive United States Champion after He won from Santino Marella at SummerSlam and I wouldn't mind If he goes to WrestleMania as the champ. 

Prediction: Antonio Cesaro retains after a superb match and uses a dirty trick to beat Miz and heating this rivalry more than ever. 


Alberto Del Rio v Big Show for World Heavyweight Champion. 


This rivalry between Alberto Del Rio and Big Show has been fun and kind of boring, In my opinion. Alberto Del Rio defeated Smackdown on Smackdown few weeks ago in a Last Man Standing Match to become the World Heavyweight Champion and then He beat him at Royal Rumble in a Last Man Standing Match again but The match this Sunday has been hyped as "Del Rio never pinned Big Show" which is true, so I hope Del Rio beats Big Show cleanly and so this feud can end once for all.

Prediction: Alberto Del Rio retains after a close match with Big Show, expecting Ricardo Rodriguez to do something that will cause Big Show to lose after all what Big Show did to Ricardo. 




Smackdown Elimination Chamber Match for No. 1 Contender Spot for World Heavyweight Championship.
This match will be a great, fun match. Kane and Daniel Bryan will definitely not win, That's for sure. Jack Swagger, Randy Orton, Chris Jericho, and Mark Henry are the four that can win and It would make sense. 
I know A LOT of people said Jericho will win this and Ziggler cash in and win the World Heavyweight Champion and we get Dolph Ziggler vs Chris Jericho at WrestleMania for the title. Here's the problem - If that happens then doesn't Del Rio have a rematch clause against Ziggler? So yeah I doubt If that will happen. Randy Orton winning is also likely but Mark Henry who has returned 2 weeks ago has been looked so strong from Raw to Smackdown and every one has been getting Inducted to the Hall of Pain. So don't be surprised If he wins.


Prediction: This is pretty hard to predict but I have to say Mark Henry will win. I mean It would be pretty dumb from WWE's side that If they have Henry return 2 weeks ago and ever since then He has looked so strong and has defeated Randy Orton, Khali etc and then at Elimination Chamber PPV, He loses? Yeah I don't think that will happen. So I'm predicting Mark Henry to win the Elimination Chamber.



John Cena, Ryback and Sheamus vs The Shield

The Shield have caused Ryback his WWE title so many times and They have attacked Sheamus a lot as well. John Cena who won the Royal Rumble 2013 had nothing to do at Elimination Chamber PPV other than this match with Shield. On Raw, The Shield cut a excellent promo and then the fight between Team Cena and The Shield was also great because It hyped their match Sunday and that's what most fans want, they want WWE to hype them as to why they should buy the pay-per-view and WWE was successful on that. If you remember John Cena defeated Kane at Elimination Chamber last year, so He can be looked strong going Into his match against The Rock at WM 28 so I expect the same thing to happen this time around.
WWE has a very hard decision on this one because You can't let Cena lose before his WWE Title match at WrestleMania or Have Shield lose their momentum.


Prediction: John Cena, Ryback and Sheamus will win this match. I don't think WWE can have Cena look weak before his WWE title match at WM. But I think WWE will do something to make sure Shield looks strong even in defeat. 




The Rock vs CM Punk for the WWE Championship.
This is a Rematch from the Royal Rumble pay-per-view between the two. I am disappointed that The WWE Title isn't being defended Inside the Elimination Chamber match because It would have been pretty awesome to see The Rock inside the chamber but It's understandable because WWE might not want The Rock to get Injured before WrestleMania 29. This match did not have a pretty good build up for the most part, especially because The Rock was not on Raw 2 weeks ago and they only had 3 weeks to build It up. The Rock's promo on Raw was also not the best one from The Great one but CM Punk giving The Rock a GTS was very well done, Punk needed the upper hand going Into Sunday's bout. Punk-Rock I from Royal Rumble wasn't even as good as I thought It would be but I'm hoping they have a better match this Sunday.


Prediction: The Rock retains after I don't even know How. After the new stipulation, I'm sure there will be a twist in the match but I fully expect The Rock to walk out from New Orleans STILL YOUR WWE CHAMPION!!!


Elimination Chamber PPV match card looks solid and I hope WWE doesn't disappoints us. It is the final pay per view before WrestleMania 29. These were all my predictions, Watch Elimination Chamber Sunday. 


Thanks for reading this article, Comment about what your predictions are and Follow me on Twitter. 

Image credit - WWE.com.



1 comment:

  1. Shad nice predictions. But i differ few of the matches of urs of mine fav wwe ppv.

    Del Rio vs Big Show - Close Match and del rio will win but a huge chance Heel Ziggler cash mitb briefcase after the match and win his second heavyweight championship title. I don see him cashing it on wrestlemania 29.

    Smackdown Elimination Chamber Match - Sure Mark Henry is the favorite to win against all odds but Swagger can also surprise. Swagger is getting a huge push again Shad.

    Shield vs Cena Sheamus Ryback Match- Sorry to say its not all about cenas momentum for the wm 29 ppv event but it also about Shield. For them its a much bigger match then for cena sheamus or for ryback. Shield might have surprise stored for the big 3. So Shield for me another great match like the TLC 12 PPV.

    Rest of all matches predictions i fully agree.

    ReplyDelete