Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Monday Night Raw February 18, 2013 - Review

The Post Elimination Chamber Raw was a okay Raw but I don't think It was anything special or anything special happend that Most fans would've enjoyed. It was just another regular kind of Raw, It didn't feel like We are in the Road to WrestleMania. But It wasn't a bad episode either.


Now I will give my thoughts about Raw and What I liked and much more! So Let's begin. 



Raw kicked off with The 2013 Royal Rumble Winner, John Cena. A Great promo to kick off the show with him and former WWE Champion CM Punk, I liked It especially because Cena was serious and When He is serious every one knows that He cuts great promos. I do see that John Cena is a "babyface" here and He has to be a good guy and all but I think It's pretty dumb that He put his WWE Shot on the line, I mean Who would even do that? But I guess It's okay because He probably won't lose. 


I wanted to see the Cena vs Punk last night but I have no problem with It being next week. WWE Champion The Rock won't be on Raw next week, so they hyped up next week's Raw during the show which was great. I am excited for CM Punk vs John Cena next week. 




1st match of the night was Mark Henry vs Sin Cara - Basically a squash match between Henry and Cara. It was no surprise to me that Henry destroyed Sin Cara. Then The Great Khali came to save him, I have no problem with that as long as we are not getting Mark Henry vs Great Khali at WrestleMania. 




The Miz vs Antonio Cesaro (Non Title) - We've seen this match at Royal Rumble and we saw It at Elimination Chamber where Cesaro still won but by DQ. So I obviously expected a rematch between the two and They did It at Raw where The Miz won. I do hope that we won't be seeing another match at WrestleMania because I'm already tired of It. I'd much rather see Cesaro vs Christian. 






Dolph Ziggler vs Alberto Del Rio (Non Title) - Great match between Mr Show off Dolph Ziggler and the World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio. Obviously Del Rio beat him, No surprise there but After the match when Dolph Ziggler was attempting to cash in was well done by WWE. I almost thought that Ziggler would win but thanks to Ricardo Rodriguez He couldn't. These cash in attempts and soon He will cash in successfully and become the next World Heavyweight Champion. 




Wade Barrett's promo was pretty dumb, It wasn't even needed. All He did was air a trailer for his new movie. And Then Sheamus Interrupted Barrett for what? It made no sense to me because Sheamus isn't even in a feud with him, If we are getting Bo Dallas vs Barrett at WM 29 then Why not build up their match Instead of a garbage segment. 







Brodus Clay, Lord Tensai and Naomi vs Primo, Epico and Rosa Mendes - Another match that was nothing but a throw away six-person tag team match. I have no problem with Tensai or Clay but WWE needs to at least put these dancers in a good feud with like Prime Time Players or etc. 





I personally didn't like the Jack Swagger "State of Union" Address or whatever but It generates Heat and That's what Jack Swagger needs to make a top heel. 






WWE Tag Team Champions Daniel Bryan vs Jack Swagger - Nice match between Swagger and Bryan, They had well, enough time and a expected result with Jack Swagger defeating the one half of the Tag Team Champions Daniel Bryan. Jack Swagger needs to be looked strong heading Into WrestleMania 29 for his World Heavyweight Champion match against Alberto Del Rio. 







Boring segment between Vickie Guerrero, Paul Heyman and Brad Maddox who was named Vickie's new assistant but they could've just did a backstage segment and announced this Instead of wasting time but Oh well. I'm fine with Maddox being Vickie's new assistant, Hopefully It leads to something fun. 


Also Mr. McMahon vs Paul Heyman next week means nothing but the way for a Triple H vs Brock Lesnar Rematch. Already calling It that Lesnar will come to save Heyman and then HHH will come to save Mr. McMahon and This will lead to a Brock vs Hunter match at WrestleMania 29.





The Shield vs Chris Jericho, Ryback and Sheamus - Basically a rematch from last night expect there was Chris Jericho and no Cena. The match was absolutely great and It was Shield's first match on Raw as well. Every one was expecting a Y2J Heel turn or Ryback heel turn but Neither happend . The Shield are now 3-0 and I like How WWE aren't making them lose because that's what they need to do, Build the Shield as a top group and right now they are doing pretty well with that. I don't know what we are getting at WrestleMania, but Y2J vs Ziggler would be fine with me. 





Kofi Kingston vs Damien Sandow - Great promo before the match from Sandow as usual and It ended as a No Contest after R Truth surprisingly returned and helped his Old tag team partner Kofi Kingston. I'm not sure where WWE are going this but I'm expecting another reunion from Cody Rhodes and Sandow to take on Kofi Kingston and R Truth. Kofi has been looked like a jobber lately, so I don't really mind what he does as long as He doesn't lose all the time. 





Randy Orton vs Kane - Fine match between Orton and Kane, Daniel Bryan's Interference was a bit surprise but at the same time Not surprising because I'm expecting that we will get Daniel Bryan vs Kane at WrestleMania. 


I think Team Hell No might drop the tag titles before WrestleMania and they will have a match at WrestleMania which every one has been predicting since like last year. Kane-Bryan has been the Tag Team Champions since Night of Champions and I have enjoyed their reign, It has been entertaining but wouldn't mind too much If we they lose. 





The Rock Unveils a new WWE Champion Belt - I wasn't expecting a New belt during this so celebration because It made no sense as to why Rock will celebrate his win now when He should have did It the night after Royal Rumble PPV. I believe CM Punk who was WWE Champion for 434 days should have unveiled the belt but that's just me. Also John Cena's Interrupting was also very well done and Then CM Punk hitting him from behind with the Spinner belt was also well done by WWE. CM Punk and John Cena have a match next week and they did that to hype their match. 






      My Thoughts on the New WWE Championship Belt 
      
     I have no problem with the New belt, I'm not even saying that It's bad. I just think the Spinner one was better than this one, again It's my opinion. I'm not saying this one sucks either, This one is fine with me as well but I prefer the Spinner belt. I know a lot of people are wondering about the Brahma Bull plates but I'm assuming that It will be changed when Rocky loses the WWE Champion. Also now on the new one It says "Champion" Instead of "champ" as well. While I'm saying the new belt is fine, It's not anything special because It just doesn't look as good. Need more designing on it and Should've been more golden. 





Overall, Raw was a fine show. It wasn't anything special It didn't feel like we are on the road to WrestleMania. The show had some waste promos and few matches as well that did nothing. They did hyped Next week's Raw which will be headlined by CM Punk vs John Cena and probably the return of King of Kings, Triple H. I hope next week's show is great as It's advertised. 


Well that's It for me, Make sure you Follow me on Twitter for my latest tweets. 



Image Credit: WWE.com. 



    

No comments:

Post a Comment