Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Monday Night Raw March 11, 2013 - Review

This week's Raw was fine, I enjoyed some parts but I also didn't like some but as always, I'll go through the matches and segments and give my thoughts about It....




Raw kicked off with The Undertaker paying Tribute to Paul Bearer, which was very classy move by WWE. CM Punk Interrupts and tells Undertaker that He will end his streak at WrestleMania 29. I can honestly tell you, On Tuesday when I heard about Bearers death this angle came up to my mind. I always knew WWE were going to do It but just wasn't sure. CM Punk is a great heel and He brought a lot of heat and that's what WWE wants but in his match, You all seen those CM Punk chants, didn't ya? Well I had really not big of a problem with this segment because I heard that Paul Bearer's 2 son gave permission to the WWE for doing this and because they knew It's all entertainment. Great opening segment. 




Seth Rollins vs Big Show - Always knew this wasn't really gonna end well but Didn't knew It won't even be a match. The Shield attacked Big Show just like they did last week and gave him a triple powerbomb. I'm not sure where WWE are going with this, If we are Indeed getting Randy Orton, Sheamus, Big Show vs Shield at WM then I wonder why Orton, Sheamus didn't make the save. 




Daniel Bryan vs Dolph Ziggler - Excellent match, Probably the match of the night. I was surprised that Dolph Ziggler won, Felt like It was his first victory this year (Somebody should check If this is Indeed true, LOL). Big E attacked Daniel Bryan after the match, Not sure what's going on here either Are we getting Team Hell No vs BigE/Ziggler at Mania for the Title, Perhaps? 



Lord Tensai vs Fandango - I think I said that Ziggler vs Bryan was the match of the night, Well No, This was match of the night. Same old Fandango crap of him saying He will not compete until they pronounce his name right and I read few reports that WWE will do this angle and Fandango will Indeed not debut. Wow.





The New Age Out Laws vs The Rhodes Scholars - They barely started this match, The whole point of this was for Brock Lesnar to come out and destroy Triple H's buddies Road Dogg and Billy Gunn which was a smart move from WWE. Also they can do this NAO vs Rhodes Scholars at WrestleMania which will be great. Heyman cut a brilliant promo and said Brock accepted HHH's challenge but they get to choose the stipulation. I was thinking a Hell In A Cell match since Triple H lost to Taker in this match last year but I wouldn't mind a MMA rules match which I heard WWE creative are thinking about. 




Kofi Kingston vs Mark Henry - Almost a squash match just for Henry to beat Kofi who WWE has treated like a jobber lately for no reason, followed by another squash match between Ryback and Heath Slater. I liked the exchange between the two in that segment where Henry did his finisher and Ryback did his, I am fine with them doing Mark Henry vs Ryback at WrestleMania. They announced It for this friday, That's dumb because It should be saved for Wrestlemania but what does the WWE Creative knows. 



Alberto Del Rio vs Antonio Cesaro - Decent match between the World Heavyweight Champion and the United States Champion, It was a fresh match. Cesaro taped out to the cross armbreaker. 


The John Cena vs The Rock video package was very well done. It showed Cena's bad year like losing to Johnny Ace at Over The Limit, to CM Punk at Raw1000 and becoming the 1st man to cash in MITB and fail, Ziggler at TLC. Also they showed Cena's divorce as well which I don't know why but They should've asked Cena before hand because then that was very disrespectful cause that was his personal business. It was a great video package, especially because someone wasn't there... I am excited for this match at WM but trust me A video package every week ain't getting me excited. 



Team Rhodes Scholars vs Randy Orton and Sheamus - Earlier in the night, The Bellas returned well backstage segment and that's when Vickie Guerrero booked a match between them because Rhodes Scholars didn't finish their match with TNAO. Another decent match with Randy Orton and Sheamus winning with their finishers. CelticViper. 




The Highlight Reel segment was very funny. I found It entertaining but I don't know why Michael Cole said It's the worst segment in the history of Raw, Worst WrestleMania match in history was You vs Jerry Lawler. It was Miz and Barrett talking about their movies then Y2J to tell Wade Barrett that He is the reason He is here today which was awesome cause Barrett was Y2J's rookie. Then Brad Maddox comes out and books a match between Miz and Jericho, winner faces Wade Barrett for the IC Championship next week. 



The Miz vs Chris Jericho - Nice match between The Awesome One and Chris Jericho. I don't know How The Miz is all of a sudden in everything, First messed with Brock and then what happend to his rivalry with Antonio Cesaro and now with IC Champ Wade Barrett. The match didn't end, thanks to Barrett but Barrett received a beating from the two, Which means we'll be getting The Miz vs Chris Jericho vs Wade Barrett for the IC Champion next week on Raw. I wish The Miz wasn't part of all this and we get Barrett vs Y2J at WrestleMania. However, I'm thinking next week's match might also end up in a No winner or something which leads to a rematch at WM29. 



Jack Swagger vs Sin Cara - Before the match, that promo by Zeb Colter was very weak. I've been a fan of his mic but It's going to get boring If they say the same crap every week Hence If you didn't notice the boring chants during the segment. Filler match with Swagger winning and then comes Del Rio for the save and we see well a small fight between them which was nice. Way better than WWE Championship match build, Only if they could've had a brawl via satellite.. 


WWE App is being pushed a lot through out the show, They showed Kane attacking Punk on that as well. Don't be surprised, It is going to continue every single week until Everyone that has a damn phone Install It.



Kane vs CM Punk (NO DQ) - Final match of the night was entertaining match. Good match that finished with Taker's gong which distracted Punk and Kane gets the pinfall victory. I was one of the few that were like If Punk can't beat Kane 4 weeks before WM then How does WWE want us to believe He'll beat Taker? but Punk was distracted and plus He got the upper hand on Kane while Taker was running down to the ring (fastest ever btw) but Punk escaped with the urn by then which pissed Taker off and This storyline is going great as far as I'm concerned. WWE have done very well with making It seem personal, which is the smart move. Not sure where this urn angle is going but I'm expecting Kane to probably stay with Taker till WM or not cause Kane is one half of the tag team champions. 


Overall, Raw was good, nothing great IMO. I liked last week's episode better but again that was Old School Raw so of course. The Paul Bearer's tribute videos through out the night were amazing and If you were pissed about the opening segment, I hope those tribute videos by WWE were enough to make you fine with It. No John Cena on Raw this week which I was pissed about but I think they didn't have him because The Rock wasn't there but still Cena could've had a match but whatever. The main attention right now is Taker vs CM Punk so I wonder what the main event of WM29 will be. 







             PICTURE OF THE WEEK



Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @OfficialCenafan.
Image credit: WWE.com

No comments:

Post a Comment