Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Monday Night Raw February 25, 2013 - Review

This week's episode of Raw was solid in my opinion. We saw a fight between Brock Lesnar and Triple H and the match between Punk/Cena. I don't know about any \body else but I enjoyed It. Now I will talk about each match/segment and give my personal thoughts about It... Here we go!



The start to the show was a match between Vince McMahon and Paul Heyman. As predictable It was, Brock Lesnar came for the save....  and that was not It..... Triple H finally returned! It took 5 minutes for him to get in the ring but He did return. The fight between Lesnar and Triple H was quite good. The blood was awesome, even though WWE were trying very hard to stop showing Lesnar's face. I liked the brawl between the two very much, It was a great start to Monday Night Raw. Again I say, As Predictable as It was, It was just as good as well. I'm not looking forward to HHH/Brock match at WM 29 at all right now but Let's see if WWE can do anything.




                                                     Ryback vs Dolph Ziggler
Decent match between Ryback and Dolph Ziggler. I always knew Ryback was going to win It because of How many losses he has took in recent months. It seemed like a squash match until Big E Langston attacked Ryback ringside. Dolph Ziggler will probably lose matches and matches and then all of a sudden He is going to cash in and become World Heavyweight Champion. Most likely at WrestleMania. 


                                                         CM Punk Promo
                                                     
CM Punk came out to the ring and He said How tonight's not about John Cena, Not about The Rock, Not about WWE Champion, Hell He said It's not even about WrestleMania... It's about CM Punk He said. He also said He is a "God". His promo lead me to believe that He will be facing Undertaker at WrestleMania. He used words like "Icon, Immortal, Legend" etc. I don't know the purpose of this promo but If It's for his feud with Undertaker, then nothing bad.

"I am the best in the world. And the best in the world has earned the right to go to WrestleMania in the main event...I am an icon who walks among superstars." - CM Punk.




                                          The Great Khali vs Mark Henry.
Worst Match of the night. This was just a squash match and pointless. First hour of Raw going solid, until this match and Henry won. I hope we won't see this match at WrestleMania because there is no point of It since Mark Henry beat Khali. period.



                                                     
                            Miz TV with Zeb Colter, Jack Swagger and Alberto Del Rio.

Entertaining edition of Miz TV. WWE are pushing this angle very hard because of Glenn Beck. I did liked Zeb Colter's mic skills. This is really getting racist with all the Mexican and American and everything to be honest. Also I do understand Swagger needs some one to talk for him and Zeb Colter's mic work is amazing but Swagger standing there just seems stupid. He needs to talk as well because It looks like Del Rio is in a feud with Zeb Colter and not Jack Swagger. I am liking this feud and I have no problems with Del Rio vs Swagger for World Heavyweight Champion at WrestleMania.




                                       Randy Orton vs Antonio Cesaro
Another rematch and This was well basically a squash match. I mean It wasn't really but If you are watching a match that doesn't last through a commercial break then yeah It's a squash match. I don't know what they are doing for Antonio Cesaro or Randy Orton at WrestleMania at the moment. Randy Orton won the match



                                 Mid Air RKO to Antonio Cesaro

    


Sheamus Oscar Snubs 
Sheamus comes out for his Oscars. This was just so stupid, No point whatsoever. All we saw was another promo of the Dead Man Down and for Sheamus to mock Wade Barrett AGAIN. Obviously not sure Who Sheamus is feuding with at the moment, Barrett or Shield? Guess we'll found out in few weeks. Waste segment. 





R Truth vs Cody Rhodes
Decent match between Rhodes and Truth with Sandow sitting ringisde. I don't know where WWE are going with this but I won't be surprised if we get Rhodes Scholars vs R Truth and Kofi Kingston at WrestleMania. 




Team Hell No vs Prime Time Players
Comedy match between Kane and Bryan vs The Prime Time Players. Daniel Bryan had a trash bag over his head and Kane had his arm tied behind his back. I thought Kane and Bryan would lose because of what happend last week but Kane cleaned the house and Team Hell No won.



  The Shield promo

Another wonderful promo by The Shield. They mentioned How they defeated Team Hell No, Ryback at TLC and they defeated Team Cena at Elimination Chamber which no body thought they would win. Sheamus Interrupts who I thought was in a feud with Wade Barrett but It's WWE. Sheamus challenged them to come and fight him at the ramp and Rollins was in the ring while Randy Orton came from the back and RKO'd Seth Rollins. It was pretty good but I still don't understand Why is Sheamus feuding with Shield and Wade Barrett at the same time.




Jack Swagger vs The Miz 
This match was scheduled after Swagger attacked Miz after the Miz TV segment, Oh thanks to the WWE App. Jack Swagger is being looked strong since his return and I'm looking forward to his match with Del Rio at WrestleMania 29. People need to give them a chance and not just say It's not good. 





John Cena vs CM Punk - Winner faces Rock for WWE Championship at WrestleMania 29.
This match right here shows why I love wrestling. These two stole the show, They have never had a bad match and will never have. Some people are tired of seeing their match but come on They deliver each time. This was the best match on Raw I've seen in years? No, This is one of the best match I've ever seen in WWE. CM Punk and John Cena both were on their A game and they both put on a classic match as they always do. I don't even care If you are a John Cena fan or a CM Punk fan, their match last night was just amazing and You have to admit It. John Cena's Power bomb was quite good as well, Something new and CM Punk's pile driver was just as awesome. I know many people Including me wanted Undertaker to return but I think It would've overshadowed Cena's win. I do want to see Undertaker back next week, It's a Old School Raw and You can't have It without The Phenom, Undertaker.  



John Cena defeats CM Punk. 





Overall, a great Raw. Strong opening and the end match between CM Punk and John Cena were my favorite part of the show.  Next week's Raw will be a Old School edition and I'm really looking forward to It. They had this back in 2010 and It wasn't even bad. Also the WWE Champion The Rock will be back on Raw next week Live from Buffalo, NY. 


Image credit: WWE.com






No comments:

Post a Comment